Celebrate Recovery provides a safe environment for real life change in Jesus Christ, as participants personally work through specific biblically-based recovery steps in the context of Christian community. We recognize the truth that we need each other to grow personally and spiritually.
Join us every TUESDAY Evening at 6:00 p.m. in the Belle Aire Theater
Eight Recovery Principles based on the BEATITUDES
by Rick Warren
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable.
"Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover. "Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. "Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to another person whom I trust. "Happy are the pure in heart.” Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life. "Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships, offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when doing so would harm them or others. "Happy are the merciful” Matthew 5:7 "Happy are the peacemakers” Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His work for my life and gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to be used by God to bring this good news to others, both by my example and by my words. "Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matthew 5:10
Email | 615-848-7583
Email | 615-804-6913
If you have any questions about CR, please contact any of the above persons. We all are available to help!